[vc_row][vc_column][vc_single_image image=”5273″ img_size=”full” alignment=”center”][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]The one and only Nickel can do a lot of damage. It is the 24th most abundant element in the earth’s crust making about 3% of the composition of the earth. It is very easy to work with, so many manufacturers combine it with different metals. Since, it is a siderophilic property (comes in so many forms): nickel salts such as chloride, nitrate, and sulfate. Also, in metallic nickel, nickel sulfides, and nickel oxides this means it is everywhere. Yes, even under there, in that corner and even in your body.Nickel made its public debut in 2008 as the allergen of the year. Since then more and more people get diagnosed. Nickel doesn’t discriminate, come to think of it since it is a carcinogenic (causes cancer) we all are allergic to it, not only the once diagnosed. The only reasons some have a severe case is because of their increase in contact in turn lowers your immune system. So, nickel is invading your life though air, water, soil, diet, and iatrogenic (medical procedures).[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]
- Since it is in our earth’s core, it has to be in the air. (Side note: if you are smoking, just quit because cigarette has nickel in it. Also, if you live in a place with a lot of smokers, roommates, and family members, it is better to change your living situation.) Also, if you live next to factories or places that burn coal, nickel can be very prominent in those areas. In a way, it’s tough to avoid it, but just be mindful of the air you are breathing. Getting an air purifier is the way to go.
- In this day and age, it’s all about going green, but unfortunately, you can’t. Do not put down the bottled water and switch to tap because you might have nickel poisoning. Even though I am very aware that bottled water is similar to tap. The difference is that the water in tap has just been in contact with nickel, but purified bottled water has lost most of its nickel. My body can tell if I have had bottled water or tap. Also, eliminate you using tap water for cooking, use bottled water to be safe.
- You also need to think twice before running barefoot outside. I am just joking; you cannot closely monitor your nickel intake by how much soil you are exposed too. If you have a chronic nickel allergy, the low nickel diet will help you, and you won’t react due to the soil exposure.
- I know eating is a must, but what if it is slowly making you sick? Nickel is mostly found in household appliances and utensils. Oh, wait there is more, it is also in a lot of vegetables, and other food remember it is inside our earth’s core. Most foods that have high nickel; like cocoa, oatmeal, spinach, dry legumes, hazelnuts, dark chocolate, soya beans, and soy products. To make it easier, I use this website to tell me what I should avoid.
- We all know that when you get sick, the doctor is the best place to be cured. What if that is putting you in danger? Nickely challenged patients can have adverse effects from medical treatment or diagnostic procedures. To be cautious, eliminate everything that has metal because as I said, the U.S. likes to mix nickel into everything. Well, that doesn’t leave you with much, does it? Just your hospital gown. But to put it in perspective here are most things that will irritate you; braces, metal prosthetic, metal implants, braces, needles (get shots when the alcohol is dry, so the nickel in the needle doesn’t go to your bloodstream).
[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row][vc_row][vc_column][vc_column_text]I know this is a lot but do not be afraid I AM HERE… anyway since living with this allergy most of my life and being an active nickel-free advocate for three years. I feel very equipped to share my finding, but this is a place for everyone’s concerns, complaints, and journeys.
Till next time,
Stay Nickely Challenged[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]